SPACE for you and your baby
SPACE for you and your baby is a 40-week programme for parents with young babies.
At SPACE for you and your baby, we believe that you as the child’s parent, are the best and most important educator of your child. Our sessions are run in our Infant House in a very relaxed, baby friendly atmosphere.
Through a quality programme of discussions and information sharing, play, music and books, we aim to arm you with the skills to give you and your child the best start together. SPACE is designed as a special time for you and your newborn, so if you have toddlers, they will need to be cared for elsewhere.
Our weekly sessions include:
- The opportunity to meet and get to know other new parents
- Discussions and information sharing on relevant child development and parenting topics
- Opportunities for babies to interact and explore play through a range of experiences
- Music, rhymes, and books for babies
Our qualified facilitators along with other professionals share their collective knowledge and experience with the group. Furthermore, we encourage parents to use the SPACE sessions as a forum to share their own parenting experiences.
Discussion topics are introduced each week that are relevant to parenting and to your baby’s growth and learning. These may include:
- Understanding Me/Mōhio ahau
- Becoming a parent/Whakamātuatanga
- Establishing attachment/Whakapūmau whakamau
- What do I see?/Ka kite ahau I te aha?
- See me move/Ka kite ki tāku neke haere
- Understanding thinking/Ngākau
- The beauty of the brain/Te ātaahua o te roro
- Expressing myself/Whakapuaki ahau
- Reflective parenting/Mātuatanga whai whakaaro
Our fees are spread over the 40 week course to make it easier for families to pay.
An enrolment fee of $60 is due before your group starts. This is made up of Space NZ Trust’s $32 registration fee which will be taken when you make your online booking, the remaining $28 will be due the week before your group starts, payable directly to Space @ The Ark Holy Trinity.
Going forward payments of $40 are due on weeks 8, 18 and 28 of your course (your group facilitator will inform you when they are due).
For more general info about SPACE for you and your baby please visit www.space.org.nz.
We start new groups every 4-6 weeks throughout the year and upon receiving your registration we will contact you directly to confirm your booking. We also can place older babies in existing groups at times, as space permits.
For general enquiries please contact our administrator on email@example.com. Our Space for you and your baby administrator is in the office Tuesdays 12:30 – 2:45pm and Thursdays 9:00am – 2:45pm, enquiries will be replied to between these hours or, if your enquiry is urgent please contact Rosemary or Bex at The Ark Early Childhood Centre on 578 5377.
Please note: We are having issues with our emails being directed to Junk E-Mail boxes. Please check your Junk Mail box for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and add us to your safe senders list.
Many thanks – The Team at SPACE HTT @ The Ark.