Vicar Dale has shared the following for your use during this time:
Simple Prayer Framework for the End of the Day:
· Light a candle (if you can safely do that) and get comfortable and relax.
· Pray this simple prayer, “Holy Spirit, come be with me as I/we come before you.”
· Be still for a few moments.
· Take time to reflect and name all the “God moments” during the day. These are times when you can see that God was with you. These are the blessings of the day.
· Make a simple prayer of thanks to God.
· Now, take time to reflect and name all the challenges and difficult times of the day.
· Simply offer these up to God. (Pray about these if you feel led to)
· Finish with one of the following prayers from our Prayer Book. (A New Zealand Prayer Book, He Karakia Mihinare o Aotearoa):
it is night.
The night is for stillness.
Let us be still in the presence of God.
It is night after a long day.
What has been done has been done;
what has not been done has not been done;
let it be.
The night is dark.
Let our fears of the darkness of the world and of our own lives
rest in you.
The night is quiet.
Let the quietness of your peace enfold us,
all dear to us,
and all who have no peace.
The night heralds the dawn.
Let us look expectantly to a new day,
In your name we pray.
Be present, Spirit of God,
within us, your dwelling place and home,
that this house may be one where
all darkness is penetrated by your light,
all troubles calmed by your peace,
all evil redeemed by your love,
all pain transformed in your suffering,
and all dying glorified in your risen life. Amen. (p.183)
·Go now and sleep in peace, God’s peace. Amen