“Messy Church?” I hear you ask, “Who would want church to be messy?”
Created in an Anglican setting in the U.K., Messy Church is a hands on ministry to families who are unlikely to walk into a Sunday morning structure. Simply, it is a different way of “doing church.”
With core values of being Christ centred, All-age and showing, Creativity, Hospitality and Celebration, it can happen.
Targeted to happen monthly, it can happen on any day of the week and any time of the day.
At Holy Trinity Messy Church happens from 4pm – 6pm on the third Sunday in the month.
The programme consists of:
- Hands on activities, around a biblical theme: our first one was Forgiveness; a new start.
- An interactive story from the Bible. Isuch as Luke 5 17-26 where Jesus heals the paralytic man whose friends let him down through the roof.
- A meal together’ like Pizza and salad with cake for desert.
You could be involved in running Messy Church:
- Join the core group of enthusiasts to run the fun craft activites.
- Come to support by helping to set up, help out and clean up (servant hearts).
- Foodies to organise the evening meal.
- Prayers/ Intercessors to cover each session with prayer.
If you want to find out how it works, come along to a session! Our next one is on Sunday 18 February and the theme is LOVE. See you there!